Japanese acupuncture is a technical, sensitive and precise system, incorporating classical Chinese theory with the latest Western medical understanding.
It is a style of acupuncture that uses a range of diagnostic skills, including palpation, pulse reading, tongue diagnosis and a detailed consultation of your present and past medical history. The body is in a constant state of homeostasis and when this state is disrupted, illness occurs. Using fine needle and specific acupuncture points, the body can be brought back into balance.
Acupuncture is effective at treating mental, physical and emotional imbalances and a wide range of conditions can benefit from this treatment including:
- Digestive complaints: IBS, bloating, diarrhoea, gas, stomach pain, heart burn.
- Muscular-skeletal disorders: back pain, neck pain, sciatica, knee pain, sports injuries.
- Headache and migraines
- High and low blood pressure
- Respiratory conditions: asthma, eczema and allergies.
- Infertility: female and male.
- Emotional imbalances: depression, anxiety, stress, addictions, phobias.
- Gynaecological issues: menstrual cycle disorders, PCOS, menopausal symptoms, pelvic floor disorders, urinary issues.
To find out more about how acupuncture can help you, we recommend looking at the British Acupuncture Council’s research sheet